O Lord and Master of my life! Take from me the spirit of sloth, faint-heartedness, lust of power, and idle talk. But give rather the spirit of chastity, humility, patience, and love to thy servant. Yea, O Lord and King! Grant me to see my own errors and not to judge my brother; For Thou art blessed unto ages of ages.



Amen



Friday, August 26, 2011

{pretty, happy, funny,real}

...running a bit late on this one

~ Capturing the context of contentment in everyday life ~
Every Thursday Friday, at Like Mother, Like Daughter!

{pretty}


These beauties belong to a very dear baby.  Her lovely Mama was telling me how she just had washed her first cloths diapers and was hanging them on her clothes line.  I told her she should take a picture because I thought it sounded so cool.  Here is that shot.

Originally, I thought of putting this shot under real.  But the more I looked at it, the more I liked it under pretty.  Isn't lovely? 
Clean baby "diapers in the wind".
{happy}


Lucy turned 14!
Yep she was, and is, so happy.
{funny}


What is it with kids and bugs?
Rose found this HUGE Horntail in our tomato plant.  I think I yelled out because she came running and screaming, "momma, momma look what I found".  She just shoved this green thing in my face....they (the rest of my kids and that of my comarde's) all thought my reaction was funny...;-)

My comarde is a science teacher.  Thus, we all spent a good amount of time looking and touching the Horntail, naming it and finding another home for it other than on my tomatoes.  Personally I thought it should have been given to the hens. 
I was out voted.
{real}

I'm hardly in any of the photos with the kids.  Not because I'm shy or anything but it's mostly me behind the camera.  Hubby shot this from his seat at the beach and I think it's a great shot.  All of us, hanging out at the beach ,the Friday before school starts, on our Lucy's 14th birthday...

1 comment:

  1. Lovely beach photo. wouldn't it be nice if our husbands would pick up the camera a ittle more often. ;)
    Happy birthday to your Lucy -- 2 cakes and a pie look delicious !!

    ReplyDelete

Kind remarks are always appreciated :-)

Translate


CurrClick

CurrClick
Educational Resources

Our Lady

Our Lady