O Lord and Master of my life! Take from me the spirit of sloth, faint-heartedness, lust of power, and idle talk. But give rather the spirit of chastity, humility, patience, and love to thy servant. Yea, O Lord and King! Grant me to see my own errors and not to judge my brother; For Thou art blessed unto ages of ages.



Amen



Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Lost in Translation

 =

Last week a couple of families, us included, got together for dinner and a Flamenco show at El Cid.   A friend found a good deal using Groupon.com.   El Cid is located in the middle of the Silverlake area in Los Angeles.  Blocks away from where I use to live...back in the day.

Anyway, the restaurant has an old spanish feel to it.  Brick walls, balconies overhead with iron gates give an authentic feel to the place.  Really, a cool place for dinner (and the food, though not gourmet, is pretty good).  I suggest the Halibut.

We took our older 3 kids, thinking they would enjoy the dancing while they ate.  As a bonus we were seated at the center table, right in front of the stage...awesome table.  The youngest girls sat closest to the stage and Max was right there with them. 

Our meals were ordered and the show began.  The girls were captivated by the dancers and the live singing.  Max, on the other hand looked mostly confused and well...half asleep.  I was a bit surprised that he wasn't more into it.  There was a live guitarist, percussionist (which he plays for kadima), singer and two dancers literally feet away from him.  But, he hardly had a reaction.

What gives...I thought?

After the show, Max looked up at Papi and asked most seriously....

"So, when does the flamingo show start"?

I guess I should have been clearer that we were going to a flaMENCO show and not a flaMINGO one.  Ah well...it was a good evening with or without birds.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Kind remarks are always appreciated :-)

Translate


CurrClick

CurrClick
Educational Resources

Our Lady

Our Lady