O Lord and Master of my life! Take from me the spirit of sloth, faint-heartedness, lust of power, and idle talk. But give rather the spirit of chastity, humility, patience, and love to thy servant. Yea, O Lord and King! Grant me to see my own errors and not to judge my brother; For Thou art blessed unto ages of ages.



Amen



Tuesday, May 8, 2012

SSShhh!

Don't tell my kids I'm trying to write a post. 

It's been nearly impossible to sit for any length of time, be it 5 minutes or 10, without someone or something needing my attention.

Yes, it's been just NUTS around here.  But there is so much to share.  So, in the couple of minutes it'll take for my pot of coffee to be ready; I'm just going to quickly jot down a few details of the past few weeks.

1.  Rose made her First Holy Communion!
It was sweet, emotional, and just lovely.  I spent a lot of time on making the cake and cookies.  And though, I didn't get to do a few things, we had great food, awesome company, and best of all Rose is now "part of the club".
A picture of her special day

2.  We've had family over for the last two weekends.  First, my mom and some of my siblings were here for Rose.  Last weekend they were in town for a triple baptism.  My mom's side of the family are pretty big on get together(s).  This past Saturday was no exception.  Cecilia danced with my nephew, Rose saved a baby chick, I spent time with my Tias and several cousins.  It was a super fun day.... and night!

3.  School, school, school.  My goodness, we are up to our ears in math, grammar and Romeo & Juliet.  I don't know if I succeeded exactly what I had envisioned for this school year back in August, but the kids seems happy.  So hey, that works for me :-).

4.  Lucy is chief editor for her high school co-op, St. Anne's Academy.  We are only about 8 families, but doing any sort of yearbook; regardless of size, has been quite time consuming.  It's been fun, no doubt.  But going through so many pictures, family pages, sending out deadlines, and emails... she's taken on a lot of responsibility.  For a 14 year old, I think she's done great.

5.  We have a quartet meeting here twice a week.  Lucy was asked to organize this quartet of young people to play at a wedding in June.  Would you please offer a little prayer for them?  They've been working hard for this to sound pretty, and they're nervous about it.  300 guest at this wedding.... yea, they probably should be nervous.

6.  My sister-in-law is struggling to find a temporary home for the 6 months it'll take her home to be repaired.  Please keep praying.  They are a large family and home owners are refusing to rent to them.  So sad!!! 

Okay coffee is ready and I'm out of time.  I'll post soon the full details to Rose's First Holy Communion and another post on that cake.  It was so good!

God bless!

1 comment:

  1. what a beautiful photo of your Rose on her special sacramental day! I love the beautiful lace head covering!
    I will keep your sister in law and family in my prayers during this struggling time for her.

    Lucy has some big responsibilities -- I'll pray for her as well as the quartet -- I'm sure they will do wonderfully!

    ReplyDelete

Kind remarks are always appreciated :-)

Translate


CurrClick

CurrClick
Educational Resources

Our Lady

Our Lady